.

.

Thursday, June 17, 2021

garden walk in the sun...

 we are in a heat wave, the kind that renders me useless... i have been heading outdoors at 5:30 am to work in the garden, but 100 plus degree temps have me crying uncle around 10 am, spent and dehydrated my garden days are done. just before heading in, i toured the hot garden camera in hand for a little update~

i have to say i am wild over these planters, my very generous neighbor gave me these canna, they get taller every year! i love the pop of color on a boring wall, by mid summer the lime green will be pooled around the driveway creating a stunning color combination until winter. 




the courtyard is having a wee rest while the roses get ready to bloom again, meanwhile the rose of sharon is in full bloom, i had to hack off several feet so you could pass on the walkway...







the sound of water should be soothing in these extreme temps, except the puppy loves to crawl in and splash all day long clogging the filters...














all along the frontage road i planted trees and shrubs for privacy, the oleanders are taller than me and in full bloom for a wonderful barrier...






my driveway is lined with silk trees on one side, i have 100s of seedlings every year, the most prolific tree i have ever seen!






they don't call this the butterfly bush for nothing!





as the smoke tree fads i think it lives up to its namesake from a distance...


1 comment:

  1. It's all so gorgeous! I still can't believe how much you've planted on your property in such a short time. I bet the previous owners would be shocked to see it now. I was watching the butterflies on our butterfly bush this week too :)

    ReplyDelete

welcome~