.

.

Monday, September 28, 2020

garden chronicles, the barn patio

 After the fire took a lot of wind from our sail, we are back to working full throttle on projects on the home front. Close to completion, the barn patio is almost finished. The first thing to be done was installing a retaining wall and bringing in fill dirt.

next up came the pavers



lastly, the fun part, decorating and planting! 



i am trying to keep in manly with trucks, this is my husbands workshop barn, i am just borrowing the back for some extra country fun!



my neighbor has been so generous with her garden, sharing countless of goodies, a couple of years ago she gave me red canna which excelled by the casita, i transplanted a dozen to make a gorgeous red wall of color for next year.




still to come is a hutch in front of the picnic table, the base frame is in place, next my husband needs to pour a concrete 2.5' x 6' counter top, followed with a pallet wood hutch top. 


it is the simple pleasures that count the most, we sat on the patio at sunset the day we finished sipping champagne on his birthday and our anniversary. 

8 comments:

  1. It's just beautiful, Jain. I love the exquisite foundation work that Scott installed, and your decor is darling. You two make a wonderful team--step aside, Joanna and Chip! I love the truck-themed pillows, the red chairs, picnic table, and the metal troughs as planters. The red cannas are perfect. And that darling red planter on the table...swoon. The world is a little brighter and happier today because of the beauty you've added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet and its great to "see" you again!

      Delete
  2. This is looking so great. That view is so beautiful. Ahhh to see that everyday! Heaven! Glad the fires have calmed down. Have a good week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and wonderful place to sit to take in that gorgeous view. I love the use of the watering troughs as planters. We are getting smoke again today, I guess from the fires in the wine country. Won't it ever stop!..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sick of fires and destruction, the air had me choking yesterday, could not even garden, may god bless our relentless fire fighters!

      Delete
  4. Oh em gee...that TRUCK!!! SO cute, I can't imagine where you found it in this COVID day and age of little to no inventory. I can just imagine what fun you'll have gardening on wheels with it. Love your pops of red and fun accents, your hubby is so handy and talented. I can't believe all you two have accomplished. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are right, covid inventory is horrid, but I wisely purchased this precondition, I am one never to pass on cute with a future in mind 😉

      Delete

welcome~