.

.

Thursday, September 3, 2020

a new dawn rising...

weeks later the fires are still burning and the air is still brown and thick...




i am an early riser and head out before the sun has illuminated the land, i am delighted with these wildflowers, they only bloom with the dawns first rays, in a matter of a couple of hours the field is suddenly void of any color, but as the sun rises they are glorious...









i am very hard on my cameras, i have been flinging dirt since dawn, i decided to walk my camera home before another camera was ruined in the garden, just a bit of color in the kitchen garden...




the clematis have taken hold and are a wonderful addition close to home













7 comments:

  1. The pictures are glorious. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are doing well, we take one day at a time, the insurance company has been guiding us along, my husband tried to see if anything was salvageable, he brought me a handful of charred garden things I will keep and remember fondly even if black and brittle. I read today just our fire complex, out of many, destroyed 1700 homes...

      Delete
    2. Will you stay in California?

      Delete
    3. Yes, we both have been here our entire lives.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry about your home being taken by the fires. I just recently found your blog and went back through to your beautiful gardens and home. Breaks my heart you lost them. I am glad you found you could salvage some of the charred items from your garden to keep for your new place. You will rebuild another home and garden and you can lovingly put these things into your new place as your journey heads into a new direction. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is why I am finding it hard to put one foot in front of the other. There is so much sadness going on in our lives now. I hope you are doing well as can be expected and just like those sweet and beautiful little wild flowers will rise again. All the love and time you put into your beautiful home and I just can't imagine the loss. You couldn't be too hard on your camera though, as your photos are always just so beautiful..Stay well, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete

welcome~