.

.

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

In the garden...

i have been pruning my roses for days, its an arduous, bloody mess, but i love i being free to work in my garden again after dividing iris for 2 months. the air here is overwhelming with smoke, its so dark you would think rain is coming, but its from the many devastating fires. i am not going to lie, i was afraid when i went to sleep last night, they have been saying strong winds are coming, increasing fire danger and causing planned power outages, the more you read the more nervous one can become, especially of a roaring fire at night..

As i came online to upload my pictures from the garden i visited our local next door website, someone had posted the lords prayer last night, with 85 comments, it actually made me cry, to know that not just me, but others are fearful for their safety. i am glad i can still enjoy the beauty around me, i need to focus on whats in front of me and i pray often to keep everyone safe and happy.
what makes me happy is the thought of water...



These pics like look they are from the 50s, or sepia brown, they just reflect the eerie haze and smoke blighting the state.








Although barely photogenic I must say any color looks extremely vibrant in these trying times...




















































Today we ended up severely pruning low branches and trees near the roof, its a windy day, one would like to pretend we were just enjoying a pre fall day, not that its a extremely dangerous fire day, but when fire trucks race past us we know there are months left of worry.  I am grateful we still have a home and for the brave first responders battling these ceaseless fires.

as the day proceeded in the early afternoon it turned black, so dark i had to turn the lights on at 3 pm, north of us another major forest fire flared up, sending up smoke 40,000' in the sky. i was outside as ash fell feeling more like chunks of charcoal, i could spread the ash 3-4" long with my finger.







5 comments:

  1. Oh my how scary to live like you are. Those fires are so dangerous and can really take a turn and continue to grow. Now did your house get hit by the fire or any of your beautiful garden area? Prayers you stay safe and out of the fires range. xoxo. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had 3 homes in 3 different towns, our home of 31 years was burned to nothing but ash in August, we had purchased another home to retire to a few years ago, that's where we are now, no place is safe in CA during fire season, this year is unprecedented with major extended heat waves and then 60 mph gusts, recipe for disasters... I am praying for everyone everywhere, the entire West coast is at risk with countless mega fires devouring everything in its path 😭

      Delete
  2. Your fountain is gorgeous and perfect in your rose garden! That purple clematis is gorgeous with all your roses! Praying for rain and that the fires are contained! I know you must be weary with so many fires on the west coast. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, weary and fearful like I've never felt before... I'm afraid to go grocery shopping in case a fire starts and I can't get back to my pets, never been this undone, every few hours new fires and evacuations. My heart hurts for those fleeing...

      Delete

welcome~