.

.

Friday, September 4, 2020

~iris mania~

this spring i didn't have time to post as many pictures as i would have liked of my iris, after the fire i have been craving color and beauty, not to mention that today i finally finished dividing my iris, a daunting 2 month project! i put in two ten foot wide 140' long borders, around 1100 rhizomes, i am eager for springs beauty, meanwhile i needed a reminder of last year...














































































3 comments:

  1. Beautiful collection...I've never seen so many different varities in one garden! Continued prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen so much beauty in one place. The hills are just beautiful without that smoky haze. Was this your garden where the fire was? I keep thinking about all that you went through..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my garden in grass valley, our other home of 31 years burned in Vacaville. We bought here a couple of years ago to retire, we had been slowly been moving things from there to here, my husband is still working, until the pandemic I was alone here during the week, but thankfully we have been together here since march, but my husband went to Vacaville weekly. The only reason he wasn't there that day was the heatwave, it was around 110 there so he decided to stay in grass valley...

      Delete

welcome~