.

.

Sunday, April 5, 2020

my garden week~

we have been having wet weekends with high drama in the sky, setting off the new spring greens


fall has always been my favorite season, something about that soft light is irresistible to me, but this center garden is becoming very high on my list with the brilliant yellows and lime greens, I don't think the camera catches it, but it delights all my senses, the lighting is like nothing I have seen in spring before, iridescent and shimmering...




the iris in the background are just beginning to bloom, the perfect spot to sit and admire from afar


stormy skies makes for glorious sunsets...


the girls always join me in the garden, cassie comes for the cookies...


Katie for the fun


the iris are beginning to bloom in front of the rose garden


first up is wings of peace


the rose garden has a 100' border of iris against the deer fence line





lady banks is sending out a few sporadic flowers with hundreds of buds waiting for a warm spring day


white watsonia is making a bold statement














yellow banksaie is in bloom, the plant is far less vigorous than the white, but I know in time this too will me a mass of color in the next few years.




















4 comments:

  1. Everything is so beautiful...those yellow roses, the irises...love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "... the lighting is like nothing I have seen in spring before, iridescent and shimmering..."

    Wow...I wonder why it is different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these Spring flowers are gorgeous! I especially enjoyed the various white flowers. Thank you for sharing your Spring garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is going to be spectacular and is well on its way! You can give tours and charge admission in a couple of years. :) I still can't get over how much you've done in such a short time. Your heron looks like he's lost...was he fishing in your canal?

    ReplyDelete

welcome~