.

.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

cobb salad

I love salads, so fast, fresh and easy, and a great way to use up leftovers! since getting to the market isn't like it used to be, I just use what's on hand, even if that means substituting fresh avocados for guacamole, or worse, leftover easter ham for chicken! the real reason I want to remember this salad is that I looked up the original cobb salad dressing recipe from the brown derby, which reminded of all those great I love lucy shows. we loved every old fashion bite~
 
 
cobb salad
 
chopped romaine lettuce
hard boiled eggs
blue cheese
avocado (I had goo)
bacon bits
chicken ( I had ham)
red onions
tomatoes
celery
 
cobb dressing ala brown derby
 
I never follow directions, I just make things for my taste buds,
but the traditional ingredients are...
 
oil
red wine vinegar
lemon juice
sugar (I used honey)
garlic
Worcestershire sauce
Dijon
s&p

2 comments:

  1. That looks soooooooo good! Thanks for sharing. I may have to make one for lunch tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a good Cobb Salad in ages, so good!

    ReplyDelete

welcome~