.

.

Sunday, April 19, 2020

a working brunch~

it was a gorgeous sunday, the type that makes you rush outdoors the moment you wake up to breath in all the beauty around you! and then you get hungry... I made almost this exact same thing last week, it was so fast and easy I am not ashamed to reward my taste buds again, and again and again...
 
 
my roses are almost ready to pop, big fat buds are everywhere with a few blooming early...
 
 
this large rose is a really a double flower...
 
 
its mammoth too!
 
 
with the scent of roses on my brain I dashed in the kitchen to make this in a fast 20 minutes, including bake time...
 
 
although this is nearly identical to my blueberry braid last week, this has the added bonus of rosewater for an ethereal taste sensation!
 
 
preheat oven to 375
 
roll out one crescent roll can as a rectangle
 spread whipped cream cheese down center
sprinkle with sugar
stir fresh raspberries with a spoonful of sugar until moist and spread over cream cheese
sprinkle with sliced almonds
cut strips angled down and wrap over mixture
 
bake for 16' until golden
 
mix powder sugar with rose water
drizzle over braid
sprinkle sliced almonds and fresh raspberries
sit in the sun and swoon over every heavenly bite!
 
 
even my husband was impressed, he said are there rose hips in this?!

1 comment:

  1. Too pretty to eat! Sounds wonderful...I've never used rosewater in a recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

welcome~