.

.

Monday, April 13, 2020

ham and spinach puff pastry~

for the first time I wasn't able to make our standard easter brunch, I just made due, and I will say I LOVED this, I forgot to take a pic of it, just snatched a cropped pic off the table... but its worth remembering! I also wanted to use up left overs, so the recipe is small, to fill a single sheet of puff pastry, if you want to make it properly, I would use a full box of pastry cut into 5" squares and double the rest of the recipe

ham and spinach puff pastry
preheat oven to 400

puff pastry

1 T butter
1 T flour
s&p
nutmeg
1/2 warm milk
1/2 cup diced ham
1 cup fresh spinach
1/2 c Havarti cheese


melt butter and add flour, stirring often.
add seasonings
add milk slowly and stir to avoid lumps, it thickens fast, turn to simmer
add spinach and fold in until cooked a minute
add ham and cheese
score the edges of puff pastry and drop small amount of mixture in center
or ...
you can fold the square edges over mixture
brush pastry with a T of milk
bake for 15-20 until golden

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm wishing I had some leftover Easter ham...yum! Missed our family Easter brunch, ham is always the star. I would have made this in a heartbeat with leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

welcome~