.

.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

banana oatmeal cookies~

I have been craving chocolate, I purposely have not been baking the recipe I wanted to try because I knew I would devour it in 24 hours... I must pace myself with sweets! today I grabbed an over ripe banana, ok, WAY to ripe, it ripped open the entire bunch, exposing the tops of too many bananas, all I knew is I had to bake something with bananas instantly when I was totally craving something else... after scrounging around banana recipes on google this struck my fancy~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3/4 c. butter, softened
  1/2 c. granulated sugar 
    1/4 c. packed brown sugar  
large egg 
      1 tbsp pure vanilla extract 
       3/4 c. mashed bananas, about 2 
 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon 
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt 
  3 c. old-fashioned oats
                                                                     2 c. chocolate chips
 
 
Preheat oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined, then stir in mashed banana.
  1. In another large bowl whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until combined. Add mixture to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in oats and most chocolate chips. 
  2. Scoop dough onto baking sheets about 2” apart. Press remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake until set, about 12 minutes.

2 comments:

welcome~