.

.

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

a quasi garden walk~

 i have been working nonstop for a month, we lose our water this friday and i still have so much to plant back that there is no time to even brush my teeth or do anything but work in my iris garden. my tomato plants are so heavily laden i could be suppling heinz, my roses are 8' tall and pathways are gone, fruit trees are bending to the ground, but i keep plugging away lifting, dividing and moving iris. i have to empty my backyard for the preparation of heavy equipment over the winter, i was trying so hard to get it all done this week but i am only one old lady... at 4pm today i walked away from iris and sat in the lions garden admiring our hard work, wishing desperately i had my camera... i don't sit much, ok ever lately, i lack the time for a good garden walk, instead i tried my phone and a very mini walk... 










7 comments:

  1. Jain, it is all too beautiful for words, only to say take care that you don't lose the time to enjoy it all. But, I will say, you might be weary and sore, but I can tell how much you love the process as well as the end results..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lot of work. I wish you could find someone like our handyman. He is such a good man, and you don't get better than a gardener from Mexico! Our lot is not big, but he's a lifesaver. I hope you can get the iris moved before it is too late. Stay safe and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, its my labor of love, but I'm exhausted!

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain. Rest assured in the bigger picture, it will get done. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was just telling myself this at 4am...

      Delete
  4. You need staff! :) What a labor of love, I can't believe all you've accomplished. Take time to stop and smell the roses. ♥

    ReplyDelete

welcome~