.

.

Thursday, December 21, 2023

winter solstice in the garden~

The brugmansia is still showing a few blooms


Today I finished pruning all the roses NOT in the rose garden. I have spent the month of December pruning 9 climbing roses, 50 simplicity roses, 28 ground cover roses, 46 grandiflora roses and one bush rose for a total of 134 roses! I put this last group of white simplicity roses off to the very last, I couldn't bear to lose the view from this...


to that!



A stark reality!


Already eager for their white return!


Just that hedge line created a 15' long by 5' wide debris pile to shred.



Good thing I am not pruning the angels trumpet and can still enjoy a wee bit of backyard beauty.


On the shortest day of the year it was a glorious sunset~




2 minutes more of sunlight a day, spring is on her way!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful sunset and views! What a job, I don't envy you pruning all those roses, you need a Teflon coating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunset Jain.mThe roses will be gorgeous in the spring. Lots of hard work. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting Linda, Merry Christmas!

      Delete

welcome~