.

.

Friday, December 8, 2023

and so it begins...

After the rains the sky was so clear I could see the Sutter buttes, heavy fog in the valley and fresh snow on the distant mountain range at least 50 miles away.







Now is the time for some serious garden work, pruning the roses, a major winter task


starting with the climbers, the before shot


and after



before


after


before


after...





5' high rose bushes were cut low and striped. 


yule tide camelia is happily blooming


red colors still dominate the backyard with berries and foliage





persimmons cling high in the tree



9 comments:

  1. Wonderful views! Such beautiful fall colors to enjoy. I have to wait until early spring to cut back my roses. I love your climbers and supports! Hope you are having a blessed Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were busy. I'm afraid the deer pruned my roses for me. Thank you for sharing your beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the view of the Buttes. Youi property is so amazing. So many beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so glad you visit and share the vistas with us 😊

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a view! I don't envy you, your rose pruning. I have some to do but only a few hours of work compared to at least a week or more for you.

    P.S. More than half your photos are missing in this post too...hope it's a temporary hiccup, never a dull moment with technology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now all your photos are back, so weird! I hope Santa brings you some new garden gloves for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete

welcome~