.

.

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

in the greenhouse~

its official, my first living plant has entered the greenhouse! never mind that i moved christmas out of the house, the mere fact that something is alive in the greenhouse is major!






for the first time in my california gardening life this is all i could scrounge from my hundreds of roses. usually i have flowers year round, but 2 snow storms has taken it toll on the flowers this year, but i am grateful for even this wee bit of color. pruning begins shortly so these are my last until spring.


i love finding all my old garden treasures tucked away waiting for my greehouse, like my ladybug painting this nude....





it gives me great joy to see this garden hutch filled to the brim on every level...









i spent my morning removing my christmas tiles and creating a winter tool and topiary table. first i laid the design out in paper, then glued and sealed in the very warm greenhouse air. 






things dry quickly in the sun and heat, even in winter! i love that the tile table will forever be changing as the seasons turn.


 

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh swooning over your sweet greenhouse. Happy Thursday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roses are precious, cherished even now. You have such great ideas I might have to make a tile table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Now that's a greenhouse! I can't imagine roses all year I only get 3-4 months. I am freezing right now and really appreciated the warm pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How dreamy and fun with all your pots, bucket and baskets to play with and fill! I am still oohing and aahing over your genius tile table! ♥

    ReplyDelete

welcome~