.

.

Sunday, January 2, 2022

garden chronicles, the greenhouse, working on the interior, part two~

continuing from part one, we left off with the table in place...


now comes the fun part, filling in the interior! with nothing but storms for 2 weeks plus i started a craft project on 12-24-21. i decided to make a tile countertop for the holidays. i cut images out, pasted and sealed them on tile. first i laid out my pattern in paper.


once finished, my husband built the frame around my exact dimensions, i didn't glue them in place, i want to be able to change the tiles with the seasons for an ongoing project.


we nestled the table into the corner on 12-27-21.


made from pallet wood, i love the rustic look.


i now have a perfect seasonal corner niche for holding baskets and a workspace 

the antlers were all found on the property



once the tile table was in place, next up was the center hutch. i am making this up as i go, so i drew in chalk my dimensions to make sure it was pleasing to my eyes.


its always nice to have company while you work ...


... at least this time we knew it was coming, 12-29-21!

i wanted the hutch to look like a piece of furniture, it will be used for seasonal garden décor. once again i use my favorite pallet wood! started on 12-30-21


the shelves are removable to accommodate different heights of décor


on new years day 2022 i started to decorate!


before i had even white washed the wood later that morning.








there is still so much to be done, but i will keep adding on to this post as the projects continue. i wanted to have a large post chronicling from start to finish, but as you may have noticed this is over a year in the making! it may take a month to get this all said and done, but i could not be any happier with the progress!

4 comments:

  1. Looking good - what a wonderful space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your greenhouse is such a happy space. Decorated already to the nines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm hyperventilating...I have shelf, table, greenhouse and shovel envy!!! I ADORE your table, did you just Mod Podge your images on the tiles then? SO fun to be able to switch them out seasonally and I love your choice of images too. I need a laser cut shovel, did you find it locally or online? Such a fun place to play, plant, work and dream! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! Yes I used dishwasher safe waterproof mode podge, look for it at Amazon, things are impossible to find in stores these days. I then sprayed with MP matte finish 4 times since my greenhouse will be a wet environment 😉

      I got 2 shovels from home goods in late fall, I've been just waiting to get my toys in the gh for years!

      Delete

welcome~