.

.

Monday, May 18, 2020

rainy day walkbaout in the garden...

up to a lucky 13 quail eggs today~
 
 
I have at least a dozen nests I can visit daily...
 
 
they were buzzing a little to low for my liking this morning, only about ten feet above me, by the time I grabbed my camera they were back up high in the skies...
 
 
we are having stormy weather, love how the smoke tree pops even more on a cloudy day with a verdant green backdrop...
 
 
same with the barn, I guess I just admire red and grey...
 
 
thunder has been rumbling for hours
 
 
 
between down pours barney had his maiden project voyage this morning, delivering the last of the tuteurs to the rose garden. notice my Tessie is filled with flowers, waiting for a dry day to plant again! love seeing his and hers, brother and sister at play.
 
 
 
 
there are now 6 tuteurs in the rose garden, 3 on each side of the moon and arched bench flanking the side fence. by the way, there is nest in the moon too, eye level ;-)
 
 
 
I used 3 striped climbing roses to fill the tutuers, matching on both sides.  
below is purple splash...
 
 
 
 
a long time favorite fourth of july...
 
 
 
 
and lastly raspberry cream swirl
 
 
 
 
 Saturday we worked in the kitchen garden, it has had so many fits and starts waiting for products, delays after delays, now we are just waiting for the weather to clear and we should be able to knock this out quickly. the back wall still needs to go up a couple of feet more, but alas the sun was setting and we knew storms were coming. I am SO eager to get this area planted and to enjoy fresh herbs and veggies going forward.
 


 

1 comment:

  1. We live on a corner lot in town and I think that I have a lot of upkeep - my goodness, you two must be very busy! Everything looks wonderful~

    ReplyDelete

welcome~