.

.

Friday, May 15, 2020

a week in my garden~

golden chain is in full bloom, I haven't had one since I was a teenager growing up a Tahoe, reminds me of the cool mountains ..

while deadheading my iris I bumped into this nest on the ground, shocked, I asked a birder friend of mine what did i find, she told me it was quail eggs, that she will keep laying eggs until there are 10-12, then they will sit on the nest for 23 days until hatched. each day I peek in and count the eggs...
loved hearing the dove coo on the arbor in the rose garden...
a couple of days later up to nine
we have been having rainy days, the roses were so badly beaten I brought in 5 armloads of saturated flowers...
I made 5 huge bouquets to spread around the house
a few of the clematis are still blooming, I pruned several looking for a second flush in another month or so, still waiting on the last one to bloom in the rose garden...
I spend many hours a day enjoying my rose garden, as snapping away I noticed something at a distance lurking in the roses...
   
I am sure they are looking for cookies...
its been a bad electronics week for me, my camera is dying, the screen shimmies and blinks, the photos are blurry and no longer able to focus where I aim. I have a good 6 bird nests I can look in and see the babies, I can put my camera inches from their feathery little pulsing bodies and not a single pic can focus. every time I take my camera out I expect it to be the last, only 20% of my pics are semi in focus, I have lost crystal clear pics for a month now... I need to replace my camera but with the lock down still in place I am unable to get out and see whats new in the world, each day I keep my fingers crossed I will have something worth keeping even though they aren't stellar, the idea of them still makes me happy...
this black lace sambucus is stunning, but nearly impossible to show it off properly with my malfunctioning camera... 
my smoke tree is heavenly, fluffy burgundy clouds floating high in the sky, but my camera struggles with details...
not only is my camera dying, but my headphones self destructed today too, I listen to audiobooks all day long while I garden, I can't imagine spending 12 hours a day outside without books, this will be challenging until I can get a replacement... as anyone who shops amazon knows, 2 day prime is a thing of the past :-(
while my electronics may be failing me, my husband is thrilled with his new purchase, a brother to Tessie, we now have his and her property vehicles! we have had Tessie for well over a deacde, it has evolved into my personal garden center, I always have it loaded with anything I might need as I garden all day long, including dog biscuits, beverages, cameras and clothing changes, needless to say this is not what my husband expected...
we named his barney, because it matches the barn, now he can fill him up with all the boy tools he needs to work with all day long and we both can wave at each other from afar as we work to our hearts content.


up to 11 today, looks like any day now she will be sitting pretty~

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness the arms full of roses are amazing! I love all the colors and the David Austin types are my favorite with all the petals! Your clematis is so pretty too. Of course your furbabies are beautiful! Barney looks like a great addition. Stay safe and I hope you get a new camera soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweet quail nest, I wouldn't be able to identify it either! Your arbor is a thing a beauty, the dove perfectly captured perching there. Your roses... What a treat to have armfuls of bloom even if you had to rescue them from the rain. Love seeing your girls enjoying the beauty of the roses too. So sorry about your camera, more importantly your headphones!! Barney is a handsome addition and brother to Tessie :)

    ReplyDelete

welcome~