.

.

Saturday, September 10, 2022

its been a helluva week...

 It has been very trying times of late, last week California had a record breaking heatwave, the coldest day was 108, up to 118 degrees. Then there were fires, luckily the one very to close to us was stopped dead that day by the heroic fire fighters, but just a few hours later another fire 30 miles away was not stopped and it is ravaging the hills. The air quality is just plain dangerous...





any trace of our once grand view...


is snuffed out entirely...



we finally have escaped the heat wave, but with the air quality so dangerous the only way to work outside requires a mask, which makes it just as unbearable as the the heat wave was...


To top off the heat and fires, I had a male buck breach my rose garden. Ok, it was a good week for him, he devoured over 300 roses before I even knew he was snacking, but I have spent the last few days pruning all my roses back to the same height after his mass stripping...


Normally I only prune my roses in December, but I couldn't bear some roses being 5' tall and others eaten down to 2 1/2 feet...


I am praying they are able to stop this massive Mosquito fire, expected containment is mid October, I am forever thankful to all the firefighters out there daily protecting us all as best they can. Such brave selfless souls, thank you! 

2 comments:

  1. It is such a scary time in CA. I’m so sorry you are so close to those fires. We are struggling for water in the Central Valley. Take care and good luck with fire and animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much and good luck with your water situation!

    ReplyDelete

welcome~