.

.

Friday, February 18, 2022

garden chores and a neighbors garden walk

each morning i head to the rose garden for my never ending winter pruning, today these daffodils at the rose gardens gate whispered my name... 





after an exhausting 4 hours of hard labor i had a wonderful reprieve and visited my neighbors garden... 




i can't tell you how much i adore these striped camellias, every flower is different from pure white to stripes...






the pinnacle of the visit is her GLORIOUS magnolia tree, its the largest tree i have ever seen, behold it in all its full glory...







can you hear my heavy sigh of contentment... it was even raining pink petals.




back to my garden, i have now pruned 80% of the rose garden, pathways and vistas are visible again...




the tuteurs have been pruned and shaped



boxwood clipped



and i even added water to the fountain which the birds instantly flocked to bathe and then rosie stood on the bowl to drink. 


maybe 3 more days and i will be FINISHED!!! 

3 comments:

  1. You have accomplished a lot. I hope you aren't too beat up with all of that trimming. Your neighbor's magnolia is gorgeous. No worries your will be as well. I hope you are ready for Monday girl's day out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous. I have three more months before I see a flower. Thank you for giving me some hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pink petals against the backdrop of the blue sky take my breath away! Gorgeous camelias from your neighbor too. I can't even wrap my brain around having to prune that many roses...*ouch*. Hope your hands are enjoying some pampering today. ♥

    ReplyDelete

welcome~