.

.

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

and so it begins...

the greenhouse is officially buttoned up! for my birthday my husband installed all the greenhouse windows. i know he would have loved a rest, but with 10" of rain due this week starting in 30' i desperately wanted the roof on too! he worked into the evening to accomplish that goal and before the sun rose i was pestering him to help me get this table dragged over to the greenhouse. he likes to remind me this is a construction zone, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!









you can see i am very eager to get started, the interior and exterior still has loads of work needed from siding, to painting, to insulation, to built ins, irrigation and furniture, but with a roof on we can work inside during the next 10 days of storms. you can see on this wall i drew in chalk the outline of my future garden hutch. i drew everything in chalk to see how it would all fit, it will be a tight squeeze when done, but it will be filled with joy and happiness for me!




across from the greenhouse in the nursery this clematis just keeps blooming, through snow and 60 mph winds!



the birds are a full time job now to keep the six feeders filled...


16 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh your hubby is a keeper how beautiful this is now. What a great place when it is not raining and warmer to have a nice meal out there. Just gorgeous. Have a very Merry Christmas. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one lucky woman to have that greenhouse! You will get so much enjoyment from using it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jain, what a beauty. You will work wonders now! How lovely to be safe, warm and creative during a storm. It is and will be beautiful..Merry Christmas, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful your greenhouse looks. It is so elegant. Kudos to Scott for working so hard getting it roofed and windows in. Merry Christmas and happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, I know this is an extra merry holiday for you!

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas and a very Happy Birthday. I've said it before but have to say it again you both are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Squeals of glee*...how fantastic! I can't believe how talented Scott is, with your vision of course. Hours of fun (and work!) ahead for you but I know you're excited as can be. Merry Birthday and Christmas to you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm out squealing you! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  7. Jain, I am so happy for you. I know this is so exciting and I can’t wait to see your vision come to full fruition. Merry birthday and Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Jain! Oh how I love your greenhouse! It's such a dreamy space and I can only imagine the beauty you will create there! Hoping your weather calms down for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the goldfinches. Prettier than any decorations a person could make. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

welcome~