.

.

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

the lions share takes shape~

 after being unable to walk for 6 weeks, i was thrilled to get back into the garden, especially as i began planting my annual and perennial flowers beds in the lions share garden.  this will be my main color garden, set in a formal design, i will have 4 squares of color in 4 squares, meaning i have 16 flower beds to indulge all my garden fantasies! i just planted my first 4 squares, as you can see this is very much a construction site! i planted a red and burgundy square, blue and white, pinks and orange and yellows. You can see the filthy air from the ravaging fires, turning day to night when its extra heavy. 



















6 comments:

  1. Hi Jain. Oh, that is going to be striking. Thanks for your concerns about the newest fire around here. They stopped evacuations just 2 roads over from us. We actually put items out to take with us, but stopped short of loading them up. Guess we will just leave them where they are--just in case. This is such a bad summer..Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were safe and sound, these fires are overwhelming now, I packed things during the coflax fire until I saw the wind push it away. I want winter rain and lots of it 😢

      Delete
  2. It is so interesting to see the first stages of your Lions Share gardens. I have not been by the blogs much lately and am sorry to read you could not walk for six weeks. I hope all is well now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're able to get back out in the garden again. I'm still gobsmacked by how much you have accomplished between your planting and hardscaping. I can't wait for it all to fill in and see your ivy house covered in vine. The threat of fire and all the smoke must be terrifying. I've been watching all the coverage from the flooding from Ida, what devastation. I don't know how Louisiana will every recover. What a summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that all is well with you. I miss reading your blog entries. The beauty that you share is so uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind thank you! Now that I'm able to walk again I have been working so hard in my garden daily that I have had no time to do anything but move dirt, plants and mulch! We lose our outdoor water Oct 15th and I have so much to do before then I'm close to Having a garden panic attack! Was just telling a friend today I miss playing with my camera... Thank for checking in, alk is well, JUST TOO WELL!

      Delete

welcome~