.

.

Friday, January 22, 2021

The winter bones of the rose garden

 the last of my blooming roses before the pruning wipes the slate clean for spring...









Its been a daunting task pruning this month, these two have been zero help...


Slowly the bones of the garden are being exposed again







Just 3 inner rings left to prune, some roses stand 7' tall and are so thick I need power tools to trim

The tunnels are pruned, eager for the spring show


I finally counted, I have 501 roses in my rose garden!










Good thing I just love...


4 comments:

  1. All I can say is you have two of the cutest supervisors to critique your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, If you could see me standing here with my mouth open! What a grand sight. The garden of Eden for sure and I hope your two supervisors make a good wage!.Darlings!!..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's going to be glorious!! I bet your arms are in terrific shape with all that pruning. So much work but it will be worth it! I burst out laughing at your teeth gnashing helpers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous garden, even in the midst of winter. I want to see it in the spring. Your supervisors are so cute. I am coming over from Judy's blog. Do you live in Auburn? I saw your comment about cars driving into Auburn. A fellow blogger who lives out in the country.

    ReplyDelete

welcome~