.

.

Friday, November 20, 2020

A delicious treat

 the calendar is saying fall ...


the leaves are turning scarlet and golden here in california


of course we all are enjoying the seasonal pumpkin spice goodies


except me... i had a batch of black bananas...


i tried this new recipe, sort off, i ended up doing it my way


in this small patch of golden light in my kitchen i will tell you this is one of the best banana cakes i have ever eaten! perhaps it is because its out of season, it stands out from all the sugar and spice of fall, but i bet it will taste just as good year round, for now, we are DEVOURING IT! 


Cream cheese stuffed banana coffee cake

Preheat oven to 350

Struesel

1/2 c flour
1/2 c brown sugar
T cinnamon
4 T butter

Pulse together until crumbled

Banana cake

2 1/4 c flour
Heaping t baking powder
Heaping t baking soda
t cinnamon
Cube of butter
1 1/2 sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas
T vanilla
1 1/4 Greek yogurt
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter, add sugar beat until fluffy, add eggs. Add vanilla and bananas. Add dry ingredients, mixing in batches of 1/2 yogurt, 1/2 flour, chocolate chips last. 

Set aside 1/4 cup of batter

Cream cheese filling

1 cup cream cheese
1/4 sugar
t vanilla
1/4 reserved batter

Drizzle

1 cup powder sugar
T vanilla
2 T milk

Mix to desired thickness

I used a large decorative bundt like ring, wider and shallower than a bundt pan. I sprinkled the struesel on the bottom of the mold, because it was a decorative relief and not smooth I had crumble stick in place so needed to scoop out when I flipped.

Poor 1/2 batter in mold, spread cream cheese and top with remaining batter.

Bake at 350 for one hour, check for doneness early, I think my oven runs slow. Let cool for an hour and flip. Drizzle with glaze. 

Prepare yourself to eat copious amounts! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so good! I love banannas and cream cheese! Will have to try this during the holidays! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh, that sounds delicious. So happy to have found a "keeper" recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks divine! How I wish I slice (or two :) with my coffee this morning!!

    ReplyDelete

welcome~