.

.

Thursday, June 4, 2020

climbing roses in the garden r-z

my climbing roses in the garden from r-z, with notes,
 *** means I love it, its a stand out!

raspberry cream swirl

it has been a slow grower, pretty, but I need more flower power!







***sally holmes***

this is my all time favorite, if I only had one climber, sally is my gal! I have grown this for thirty years, a single flower stem is the size of a basketball, almost like a hydrangea, a giant round mass, one stalk will fill a vase! it was very large at my old home, rambling up two stories, I quickly added 4 sally homes to my new rose garden.















tropical lightning

I am WILD over this flower, such unusual colorations! I bought one last year and it promptly died, out of hundreds of roses I was not impressed, but the flower was too enticing not to try again. I planted it a sunny courtyard, its still very slow, but the few flowers have thrilled me!





zepherine drouhin

I was surprised at the size of the flower, much smaller than anticipated, but it has a lovely fragrance. it is located in the prominent center arch in the rose garden, already it has climbed 1/2 way up the arch, a good sign for the future!




2 comments:

  1. Your rose garden is glorious! I sound like a broken record but I can't believe how much you have planted and accomplished on your new property in such a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This climbing rose garden tour was fabulous - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

welcome~