.

.

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

climbing roses in the garden a-e

I adore climbing roses, rambling skyward with brilliant bursts of colors. this post is a reference guide for me on what I have growing. I know I am a very visual person, but I think I am also a list person ... in the rose garden I have a hundred foot tunnel planted with climbers, plus 6 tuteurs and various others spread around the property, this is a new garden, all roses were planted last year. I am including notes on how well they are working out for me in the garden with *** for some of my best performers.
 
above all

very pleased, a vibrant mass of true bright orange, its grown fast, will be a large rose!
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
altissimo

not much to look at yet, but I fell in love with this blood red single flower climber so many deacades ago, I first saw it at a wonderful nursery growing up a wooden barn, I was thrilled to be able to buy it from them all these decades later and have spread 3 close to the house.
 
 
 
America

I find it a quiet unassuming rose so far, I question why I bought it often...
 
 
 
 
autumn sunset

a large fast grower, its the first one to grab on to the tunnel and make her mark!
 






 


***banksia***

I will always love this harbinger of spring, sprays of mass color, whats not to love! they are large and unruly, fingers crossed I can keep them in line at the new house, my last house turned into a 20'x20' fortress!
 
 
 
 
Bathsheba

masses of gorgeous david Austin blooms, which all ended up falling on their faces! so far its a short climber, trying to prune to optimum best this fall...
 
 
 
*** cecile brunner***

a behemoth, if you have space this is a must for the beautiful mass of tiny old fashion fragrant pink blooms! I am trying to control mine at the new house, wish me luck, I love it to much not to be up for the challenge, I have 4!







cloud 10

I didn't really notice this blooming, its at the end of the tunnel, everyone else was so dazzling in full color I think I just skipped basic white by my lack of pictures! I need to visit her more often this summer, now that the spring flush is a thing of the past, I can spend more time enjoying the subtle roses.


***eden***

this one snuck up on me, one day nothing, next day masses of large pink and white  blooms wrapped around its post, it was a show stopper!








 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I don't have a spot for climbing roses. Would love to have Cecile Brunner. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, my! I would love to have a rose tunnel! They are all gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete

welcome~