.

.

Monday, December 19, 2022

a frozen rose garden...

December is when I prune my roses, but this year I am running late because covid has found me... It takes me all month to prune when healthy, I can only imagine how long it will take me now... 2 nights ago I threw open all the garden gates for the deer to come in and prune for me, nary a bite was taken...


Each morning I eagerly race outside to see if my work is done for me, but this morning the garden was frozen rock hard.



 Poor Rosie was unable to break the ice for a drink in her favorite fountains...




I found the frost and ice mesmerizing...

 
you can see there is an abundance to be pruned and or eaten...




but mostly, just to be marveled~























5 comments:

  1. So beautiful are all your roses with a dusting of frost on them. Take care of yourself post COVID and keep rested. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sonia, wishing you a very merry Christmas too!

      Delete
  2. So sorry you are not well. I had to chuckle about hoping the deer will do the work for you when you need it and nary a one showed up. The frost kissed rose shots are stunning! Take care of yourself ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!
    Good start to the year.
    Nice to discover your blog.
    janicce.

    ReplyDelete

welcome~