.

.

Thursday, April 15, 2021

its never easy...

to say good bye, but this one cuts extra deep with so many memories wrapped into his 17 years. living in the country feral and stray animals are common, unfortunately, from my husbands stand point, i kept everything that showed up. i named all our animals on their circumstances, tucker, our stray goofy black lab that tumbled into our lives, named tucker because i was tuckered out from the endless arrivals, found quintcy in the bushes, barking, nudging and alerting us. he was the first new cat to show up in five years, hence i named quint (5) see... along with quin we found ponder, located a few feet away next to our pond and wonder, i wondered how many more were in the litter. wonder passed a year ago and ponder 5 years earlier, quintcy was our oldest kitty. he was also the sweetest of all our cats... 

his passing hits me hard, just this weekend i went to our burned out house, the landscape is devastating with black charred trees standing tall and pathways to no where, 30 years of living just a jumbled mess, but i could see clearly where each one of our pets first came into our lives. with great love and sadness we said good bye to quin this morn, i am grateful to have shared his long sweet life...

 


10 comments:

  1. Sending big hugs! You gave him a great life...such gorgeous photos! I know it's so hard to lose our pets...not looking forward to that time. Our border collie is 16 this year, she is still in pretty good shape but slowing down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just need to make sure we out live all our pets now... 16 year old border is great, I hope we are that lucky, my oldest was 17.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine how painful it must be. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your kindness, i love that i can come to my blog and see his sweet face and smile.

      Delete
  3. What a sweet face...so sorry for your loss. You are a champion and give all your rescues and furbabies such love. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we sure have found more than anyone should, but they have brought much joy along the way...

      Delete
  4. So sorry for this loss. What a beautiful home you gave to these sweet feral cats. I think the hardest part of life is when we have to say goodbye to our sweet fur family. Prayers. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitty was a twin to our beloved Oscar. I am a cat "mom" and feel
    your loss. All of our cats found us as strays. They were/are wonderful
    pets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet another who shares my sentiments, I have never turned my back on an animal in need and have been handsomely rewarded!

      Delete

welcome~