.

.

Friday, July 21, 2023

Saying farewell...

 is never easy... 
Love you Cassie, thanks for 15 years...

Below is a lifetime of dog photos, she lived a good long dog life and the smiles I feel after looking through 15 years of photos was truly heart warming. The majority of these photos were pulled from my blog, going backward from old age to her youth, any photos that made me smile are all jumbled below. We lived in three houses over her lifespan, from the beach, to two country houses, you will see holidays all cast about as I worked back in time... 

These photos are what made me know it was her time today...





We did at home euthanasia, this time the vet did something different, a foot imprint in a little box that can include her photo for a permanent keepsake. 


Her last beach walk in July




We lived at the beach for years, walking it daily, but she wasn't up for long walks so looking back its fun to see her get stronger and bolder. 




































Over her life time she welcomed 2 puppies along the way, katie is now 10 and rosie is 3.


















Cassie always loved water and would frequent our fountains daily.










I have very few puppy photos, they were lost in a fire, but I found some on my laptop.









Loving this photo of her 15 years ago with her daddy...


~thank you Cassie for sharing your lifetime with us~

6 comments:

  1. Awww, such lovely photos of Cassie. She lived a wonderful life with you and Scott. So loved and cherished. Beautiful memories to soothe your souls. She will be missed, but never forgotten. How special the footprint is. Our fur babies are such a big part of our family. I love seeing Cassie’s photos, she looks like she is smiling. My heartfelt wishes to you both. I am sure Katie and Rosie will miss Cassie too. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda, you understand how important pets can be in our lives, she just had a great life and I'm honored to have so many memories.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful tribute to a beautiful soul. Loved seeing the pictures. I remember Cassie at the beach and how she was a part of The Novel Bakers. Sending you a big hug tonight. Love Michael Lee at Joy Lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, they truly are family 🐾❤😍

      Delete
  3. Aww, these are sweet photos of Cassie. Great memories! A cherished life.

    ReplyDelete

welcome~