.

.

Saturday, November 19, 2022

trellis weekend welding

 The original entrance gate to this property was discarded down the hillside, bent, broken and long forgotten, I asked my husband to salvage it for another trellis. The fleur de lis finials were broken and missing, but he was able to salvage enough to make my project work, I had him stagger their elevations. He was able to straighten almost all of the pieces, although still not perfect, I am just thrilled to be able to incorporate the original gate into our garden. My neighbor keeps in touch with the original owner, now in her late 90s in a nursing home. Below he has already welded the finial risers in place


getting ready to weld the center trellis with its curved edges







salvaged gate now a trellis ready for spring planting...



next to our old gate that burned at our old house 






i love the rustic look, coupled with their history. behind this project, they also mark the edge of the planted garden.



I am so lucky to have such a kind and talented husband who makes all my dreams come true!



the welded curves on the center of the trellises were meant to mimic the tuteurs, my husband still needs to make 2 more to finish off the lions garden.  







1 comment:

  1. You are so fortunate to have such a handy and talented hubby! Love your vision and how you incorporated the old gate into a trellis. ♥

    ReplyDelete

welcome~