.

.

Saturday, June 4, 2022

in the rose garden~

 Its been a tough year for my roses, first the drought provided no winter rains, they were very stressed this spring, only 1/2 my roses bloomed and small flowers to boot... Our irrigation started in May, time to get them moist for gorgeous spring blooms, i did had a lovely contained flush, but they just weren't flourishing like normal. 

Today we were dead heading and shredding roses, while cleaning up i found a rainbird on the ground, in other words they were still getting no water with a busted line... Which again explains the small flowers, except a for few bushes where there must have been a Yellowstone geyser of water, there I had HUGE BEAUTIFUL BLOOMS!  Hopefully after this hard prune i can get them in good shape for the rest of the summer~



























3 comments:

  1. Well you would never know it was a tough year by looking at your photos, they're gorgeous! Your last photo with Flora's sister could be a calendar page. I don't know how you keep with your deadheading and pruning, you need staff. :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!!! How do you keep up with pruning and deadheading !! Also your Iris have been spectacular 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gardening is my passion, I head out as soon as the sun has risen with my camera and pruning shears, after my morning walk the serious garden projects begin 😊

      Delete

welcome~