.

.

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Garden chronicles, ivy house update

 The new ivy house is officially done, looking back at my old ivy house I am eager for the structure to be smothered in soothing greens.


It started with four fat telephone poles...





It is a simple structure, meant to show off boston ivy for a cooling summer view and falls russet colors.



The back wall, made from a galvanized utility panel, was planted with ivy to create a solid evergreen backdrop. The paver patio was laid between rainy days.



I recreated a new ivy house version here as a homage to my old house and garden that burned. These two lions were scorched, scared and split in two from the extreme heat. I feel a sense of peace encircling them in our new life here.


On the back wall I attached what was once our copper weathervane over the ivy house, in the fire it split in half, we were able to find these two pieces in the rubble. 




I'm sure this is not much to look at for others, but I feel a real since of pride, yes lion pride 😉, being able to find these broken bits of our past and lovingly embracing them into our future.


all it needs is the finishing touches


As always its all paws on hand wherever I go


My husband built me a rustic coffee table from the leftover poles




I chose neutral patio furnishings for easy decorating accessories all year long


For now the ivy house area is on hold, but it will be the focal point for a large flower garden, with raised beds, pathways, a center placed lion fountain, yes burned and retrieved from the old house, with an additional garden bench. Our next project will be my greenhouse, so I can grow everything for the lions share of my new garden.



9 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful and what a wonderful place to sit and relax and enjoy. Love it all! Have a great new week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, any place to sit and relax in the garden delights me!

      Delete
  2. You and Scott are the dynamic duo, I can’t believe how much you have accomplished on your new property in such a short time! I love your vision and new Ivy House. I don’t remember seeing it at your former home but what a wonderful focal point and addition to your garden. Your lions look unscathed despite their harrowing experience…so proud and fierce. So glad you found parts to your weathervane to commemorate your home. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we are working hard so one year all we have to do is enjoy doing nothing!

      Delete
  3. No wonder you love lions so much; you and your husband are lion-hearted, able to begin anew after a terrible experience, and build things of calm and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No ands buts or otherwise, you are just surrounded by beauty. Whether from nature or from what you add to it. Your ivy house will be spectacular, but I would have such a hard time waiting to see it again looking like the one that came before. I can just imagine sitting, surrounded by all the beauty with the breeze flowing by. You are one talented lady..Stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so sweet, thank you, it is naturally beautiful in the country, I just needed to add some bursts of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great look. In no time, the ivy will start filling in. A beautiful place to sit and take in the surrounding beauty.

    ReplyDelete

welcome~