.

.

Friday, July 12, 2013

just watching...

we have a family living with us, the other day the mother was passing below our deck, i did a double take when i saw 8! not sure if it was 2 females and their babies, it was a busy time with running and playing. i dropped some food down for the mother sitting in the bird bath watching her brood. she never made a move for it... they all passed to the ravine, jumping over trees chasing each other like kids at summer camp. the mother jumped down and grabbed the food i had tossed to her, she didn't take a bite, she took it to her kits who gobbled it up, she returned several times for the odd bits and pieces, making sure her kits were fed first. it was the best 30' nature show i have ever watched~





5 comments:

cippy said...

A very nice post for not having anything planned. MaMa fox is a beauty. :)

Sarah said...

What beautiful shots of the mama fox. We have a family that lives in our woods, but I haven't seen them in our yard, just in neighbors. That's fine with me because I don't want Sadie in danger.

Mary said...

Love her perched in the birdbath! You capture the most wonderful shots. I would be transfixed by the fox families & sheep grazing too~

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I love nature-watching, too. Your foxes don't seem as menacing as the ones we get at the farm. Lovely photos!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Such a beautiful sweet mama, I'm so glad you posted this on Pinterest so I could add it to my critter board :) Hope all is well with you Jain!
xo, Andrea