.

.

Saturday, July 18, 2020

nectarine pie



I have a newly planted orchard, just 2 years old, but youth did not stop this tree from pumping out several 100 white nectarines, so much so, that a giant branch broke, leaving me with 500 golf ball sized hard fruits... never one to turn my back on too much of a good thing, i decided to slice them up a for a delicious pie! Because my fruit was small and hard, but oh so abundant, i decided to precook them on the stove in a sweet sugar cinnamon mix to assure the fruit was soft and tasty. In other words, this is really a non recipe since i had a specific agenda!


nectarine pie
preheat oven to 375

fresh nectarines sliced (i cut enough to fill my deep dish pie)
3/4 c sugar (mine were not ripe...)
juice of one lemon
heaping spoonful of cinnamon
3 T cornstarch
2 pie crusts

Because of my sad tale of woe, i placed my nectarines, lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon in a dutch oven and sauteed them until tender and delicious! I removed the juice from the pot with a ladle and mixed it in a small bowl with 3T of cornstarch, stirring it until smooth and added back into the mixture on the stove, tossing until thickened.

pour nectarines into pie crust and top with lattice
brush with milk and sprinkle cinnamon sugar

bake for 30' until golden

perfect with whip or ice cream



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I'm drooling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens, you'll be drowning in nectarines in years to come! Your pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

welcome~