.

.

Friday, April 19, 2013

cooking with flowers





this is 100% my kind of book, earthy, beautiful, natural... just this pic alone had me over the moon.

















the book is nicely laid out by plants with recipes, i especially loved this book because it gives you little tidbits about your garden...













this month my roses have been gorgeous with the first flush of spring, you may recall that i made rose honey and syrup last week. as it often happens, when its time to harvest from my garden i tend to make many recipes with that same hot little item, it may be boring to you to see recipe after recipe of the same item, but for me its all about use it or lose it! and i wanted to capture the sweetness of roses all summer long... i made the syrup from a dark wine rose, but when i saw the gorgeous pink jam...









i knew i had wanted to use my pale pink china doll instantly, and so let the gathering begin...

















i think this is a perfect book if love to grow what you eat, try new recipes or just sit and relax with your morning tea and a drizzle of your fresh rose petal jam and look at beautiful pictures...