.

.

Sunday, June 7, 2020

grace



grace truly lived up to her name, after about three years... I saved 3 litters of kittens on my rural property, bottle feed them all at just a handful of weeks. grace turned out to truly be the exorcist, she was so feral that even at a 4-5 weeks she hated me. I almost lost her when she was 7 weeks old and tried to jump off my three story deck, I literally caught her tail mid air through the railing and dragged her back in to safety. she was mean, nasty, hissing and hateful for years, then one day while taking a shower she walked over and sat in front of me. I was stunned, she was never near me, nor do cats like water...

she followed me down to the living room, I knew something was up, next, I could touch her on the sofa! and that's when I saw her skin was gold, she was dying of liver failure... at what could have been the end of her life she sought me out, no doubt the rest of her siblings had told her I was worth the effort to reach out to me. it was touch and go for a long, long time, my vet worked with me for many months, even trying Chinese herbs which foamed in her mouth yellow really making her look exactly the exorcist movie, but she was able to pull through. from her illness she became one on my most loyal cats, she slept every night with us, she talked to us, she loved me, she even had a bout of cancer and lost part of her foot but kept on strong for another decade. her complete turn around makes her one of my favorites, I have many, but because she reached out to me I have always had an extremely special place in my heart for her...


which made this one of the harder goodbyes...

gracie 2004-2020

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you lost another kitty. You have saved so many, they were lucky to find you.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like Grace was a very special cat. She will stay in your heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this post...so sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty. She knew you would take care of her and she sought you out for help, even though she had never shown affection before. What a special bond.

    ReplyDelete

welcome~