.

.

Saturday, June 20, 2020

apricot jam~

with 100s and 100s of pieces of fruit instantly ripe in the trees it is time to get serious about using my fresh apricots! I am not a jam person, and this recipe may just prove it! I was in an instant need for some apricot jam to brush on pastries and bbq, I found this quick freezer jam recipe and then I still didn't even follow the directions...
 

 
 


 
the instructions were easy, 2 pounds of fresh apricots, except I had NO idea how much mine weighed, I was just sorting through my basket for extra overripe and juicy pieces to pop on the stove...
 
 
2 1/4 cups sugar, gosh that seemed like a lot to me, more than I cared to ingest, I did 1 1/2 cups...
 
 
1 1/2 T of lemon juice, again I couldn't be bothered to measure, I just used 2 of my freshly picked lemons and squeezed away...
 
I also didn't bother using a thermometer, I just boiled it feverishly and tasted it to my liking! I used 3 old jam jars and it came out perfectly, I popped them straight into the freezer, time will tell if they are a success or not, but for now I have some lovely apricot jam and/or sauce waiting for me in the freezer!
 
and you dear readers have a real recipe link~

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine having that much fruit to pick, your trees runneth over! Good to know you didn't have to follow the recipe and it's quick and easy. I love your repurposed BM check jar lids and adorable stickers! ♥

    ReplyDelete

welcome~