.

.

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

from little bits and pieces...

yesterday i spent my day in the garden collecting all the broken limbs from the bomb cyclone that ripped through california with 60 mph gusts. we were very fortunate, we didn't lose any trees, but i did end up with 5 large piles of debris that we will have to shred to keep our land clean. 




it broke my heart to see the beautiful fall foliage broken and discarded around the property, i decided to play with the tattered branches and leaves, they may no longer be supple cleaning to the tree, but to me and friends they were still beautiful...






you can see rosie watching through the barn door



a whole branch snapped off my persimmon tree, there must have been at least 40 pieces of fruit on it, already the deer were gnawing on them...








I adore my barn hutch, the perfect place to be messy and enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. Well you certainly made lemonade out of your lemons of broken branches! Love your fall vignette with colorful foliage against the red backdrop of your barn! I have a love/hate relationship with squirrels. They have cost us $$$ over the years, chewing the hydraulics lines on the boat, eating our chairs, gnawing their way through the attic. They're so cute in their statue form. :)

    ReplyDelete

welcome~