.

.

Sunday, May 3, 2015

beach diary jan 28th thru may 4th

jan 28th... arrived later then planned, scott and i both sick while home, i wanted to leave germs behind and arrive in time for book club. within 15' of arriving i see a whale in the bay, within in 2 hours we were walking the beach and seeing friends again, good to be back home!

Wild iris are blooming!

great time at book club, made 2 desserts, one arrived with fumes, an entire bottle of kaluha did not go unnoticed :-)  we have a new way of picking out books this year, hope we all enjoy it.

Been pokey in recovering, barely able to walk half the beach, things settled in my chest. Been reading a book a day as I waddle around.

Up the coast saw 5 breaching whales, like a gift.

Thought we were buying our new house... major angst only to learn they divided property and barn not included...

Took weeks but finally back to 2 full walks a day. Katie got bit 3 times, broke my heart. Her demeanor has changed, no longer runs full force wagging her tail. She has lost her innocence :-)

Watched dramatic kayak rescue with helicopter in the channel. big storm due tomorrow, seas are heavy, stupid time to be out, he was lucky they saved him, then his kayak too....

First full on coastal storm. O m g... the winds are scary. I couldn't walk dogs, as in physically unable. The water tower stairs were violently shaking, I tried to pass, the wind buckled me twice, I couldn't go on, dogs were crouched on the ground, I knew I was going to be knocked over. The rain felt like razors on my cheeks... it got worse as the day went on. Called scott to come home, afraid for him to be driving. He arrived in a brief lull, thought I was being dramatic, in 2 hours the full wrath arrived again, furniture flying. Deckboards even flew off! Scott tried to repair things in storm, was knocked over... felt like living in a hurricane and we were the newscasters showing how stupid we were outside... 5" of rain, house shuddered in wind change, like a ship groaning at sea, I was scared windows would shatter, we had no toilet water, sucked away, my neighbor said hers was sloshing like the sea. We survived it, but rather not hang around for more :-(

Rewarded with best weather, like summers inland, hot and crystal clear. Feel so blessed every morn when I walk with friends on the beach and we are the only ones there for miles.

Love love LOVE living here, such the good life in a small community enjoying like things with others. I know these are the best days of my life... that Scott can walk the beach after work, watch the sunset and wake up to do it over and over will always delight me.

Girls day our for pamper and lunch, want to do it monthly, had a great time, the girls are showing me their favorite dining spots.

Again my joy starts daily every morn by the sea, today seals leaping like dolphins.

My car broke at beach... backing up and a huge thump, thought I hit a dog. My reverse gear belt broke, had to be pushed, car can only drive forward :-(  Been homebound for days, I miss my routines!!!

Spent Valentine's three day weekend car shopping. Omg the crowds at beach look like 4th of July! For winter, everyone is at the coast, enjoying this outrageous weather while we schlep in town for days combing car lots :-(  What was supposed to be a new car for me and the dogs has turned into a new commute car for Scott... hit the wall at the dealership and walked away, been 2 long days, didn't have the fight in for the end game...

while we are doing the car thing, others are having the time of her life!


who doesn't love a good love story!

Had a great walk in the morn, big breakfast and tried to secure the deal by emails. While waiting for their response Scott goes out to mow...


Omg, like a shotgun ... from 40' away!



floor to ceiling HUGE window... stuck with plywood window view while it takes 2 weeks for glass to be made...


No car, no window, bad start to the week....

and then things always happen in threes... feb 18th, my dear whisper, gone with the wind...


new car delivered, maiden drive was not joyful to bury whispy at home...

after moping around was good to get back to normal and tidy up the house and sand room. did a little retail therapy when car shopping, time to spruce up here and there~

huge break writing here, we ended up staying 3 months, we came for several weeks :-) loads of good happened as always while living here, but also lots of sorrow in the sea... witnessed to many deaths right out my window. helicopters are becoming all to regular here, 2 different rescues in one day even last weekend, sometimes its almost overwhelming to know how dangerous this place is... heading home to take care of fire prevention at home, but i am always eager to come back, to the sea, the quiet, the beauty and a group of great friends, face it, i truly do live here...






 


 




 

3 comments:

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I have missed your beach diaries. Really, Dorothy Gale said it all: "There's no place like home." Finding the right home is a joy and a blessing. No matter where we live, we will be presented with the reverse of joy, but hard times can be endured when we are truly home. xxoo

Cheryl Porada said...

Great to have you back...you've been missed!
So sorry to hear about your precious kitty.

Charlene said...

Oh my things have been busy for you. Me too. Foreign Exchange Student goes home next week. I used to read your blog all the time & then you took your break, I had 3 years taking care of Father In Law & then we moved.... I haven't blogged or read many in LONG time but, I'm going to fix that. So glad to have found you again.