.

.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

a gift of a lifetime...

yesterday maggie had the best day of her life. seriously. she was spry and young and free, sprinting, jumping, like the puppy she had never been. i was euphoric. i called my husband to share my uttermost joy. my neighbor called and i gushed the good news. as the sun set we took them for a beach walk... i was happy for her joyful day.

all night she was restless, she kept waking me, i kept petting her, then she did something she has never done before, she crawled in bed with me. i held her. i cried. i knew... she gave me the best day of her life, she gave me glorious memories.

we took her out twice in the night thinking she needed to go out. but it was more... she crawled back in bed with me, i held her til morning. our routine was the same, i fed her, the walk was fine, nothing like the day before, but she was still by my side and trotting. in my heart i knew it was coming...

i am still never ready to say goodbye, but she gave me the gift of her lifetime wrapped in one beautiful day. i can remember her strong, free and happy. she was to young to leave us, she was such a beautiful girl, i will never forget the gift she gave me, perfect memories of such a sweet little soul...










when we adopted her they gave us a blanket, she was buried in it this afternoon... we are down to just cassie now, the house has never felt so empty...




good-bye maggie may, i love you...