.

.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

and so it begins...

new house, new garden, new year, I have a new canvass I am dying to paint! Over the holiday week we hit the nurseries and began laying the bones for our new acreage. I was able to snip a few bits of berries and greens for christmas, but my old garden was/is eden, I have a very full pallet to recreate!

we have big views, from the snow capped sierras sunrise in the front...




 
to expansive sunsets in back that make me think of purple mountains majesty~
 





 and now, new beginnings ...






~planted in the last few weeks~

alberta spruce 5
anthony waterer spirea 4
Apples 4
apricot
Arizona cypress
baileys acacia 2
boston ivy 6
bradford pear 15
Budlelia 2
Cherries 3
Clematis 2
coral bark maple
Deodor 4
evergreen pear 2
Floral carpet rosa splash 5
gingko
green giant thuja 64
Hydrangea 8
italian cypress 10
japanese maple
lawsons cypress 6
liquid amber 4
moon glow juniper 38
myers lemon 6
Nectarine 2
october glory maple
olive tree 3
Pears 3
Persimmon 2
pin oak
pink oleander 4
Pluiot 2
plum
plumbago
Pomegranates 2
purple robe
raywood ash 2
red hot poker 36
red maple 2
red sunset maple
Redwood 24
redwood silver 3
Rosemary 18
salvia luecantha 5
shirotae cherry 2
skyrocket jumiper 10
star magnolia
Swanes golden Italian cypress
trident maple
Tupelo 2
turkish brown figs 2
variegated box elder
variegted hydrangea 6
viburnum spring boquet 18
walnut
white dogwood 4
willow oak
yellow ribbon thuja 3
yoshino cherry
yuletide camelia

4 comments:

  1. I've been absent from blogging for several months since taking care of my Mom. I didn't realize you had moved. Going to have to go back and read the posts I missed. Congrats on your new place. Are you still at the coast too? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to read about your mom, I hope it is going well for you both. I have been very absent from blogging too, but with the start of a new level garden I am sure many more pics are in my future, feel reborn again to play in LEVEL DIRT! Still at the coast, love walking the beach daily dearly, but I am a garden girl through and through and relish every moment in the new garden ;-) happy New year to you too!

      Delete
  2. What stunning views...you have the best of both worlds with your seaside living too. I'm in awe of how much you've already planted...I would need hired help! I know it's going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, having a ball and powering through 2 and 3 audio books a day while I play outdoors :-)

      Delete

welcome~