For the cake
13 tablespoons (175g) butter
1/2 cup natural yogurt
1/4 cup cream
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons dried or fresh lavender buds
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the icing
1/2 cup powdered sugar
juice of a lemon
1. Grease a 10-inch (25cm) round spring form tin, and preheat your oven to 320F/160C.
2. Cube your butter and let it soften at room temperature.
3. In a bowl, combine butter with the yogurt, cream, honey and the lavender buds. Beat with a hand or electric mixer until it all comes together. This is a messy batter, so it may not look like it is coming together at this stage, but it will by the end.
4. Beat the eggs and sugar into the mixture.
5. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and mix together. It should look like cake batter now. Pour into the baking pan.
6. Bake for an hour. Check it at 45 minutes with a skewer.
7. Wait until the cake has cooled slightly and remove it from the tin.
8. To make the icing, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Spoon it onto the cake so it runs down the edge. Serve with whipped cream.