.

.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

rose garden update

We are in the hot dog days of summer, heading to 104 this weekend, I try to be in the garden by 6am, but sadly depart by 11am, which means so much of my garden feels neglected in such short hot hours. Today I just blew off the mad dash to divide iris at dawn and took my camera for a brief walk. I love the few dinnerplate dahlias I have in the kitchen garden as the dawn's light illuminates their petals...







This lone sunflower was self sewn in the kitchen garden, as the sun rises it it always visited by the humingbirds. 





Our big news in the rose garden is the gate is finished! Standing 8' it's our final barrier to the deer. The fence is flanked by a yellow banksaie fence line. It has two finals yet to be mounted for its final touch. 













It's so hot in the afternoons katie seeks shade under the fountain.


A huge surprise to me was to discover the gates arch is in perfect proportion to the center arbors arch...




Just a few more hardscapes left to call the rose garden complete, these column will support metal trellises, most likely in fall with cooler temps for in place welding. The far left corner will one day have a conservatory and patio. 


3 comments:

  1. I can't get over how much you've created in such a short time! Love your gate addition! I hear you on the heat, not 104 here but the humidity pushes the 'real feel' up 10 degrees. I started yesterday at 6:30 and was done in by 10:30 and soaking wet. It's like wearing a wet sweater out there. Fall take me away...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness. It seems wrong to address this beautiful post without knowing your name. I know some don't like to share that so will only do if you tell me. The gate is beautiful and so well done. Then, when I see what is behind it, it takes my breath away. Your garden is spectacular as is all of the objects in it. Stay well ..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

welcome~