.

.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

busy as a bee~

its that time of year, things are all a buzz with activity and color~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
the entrance to the rose garden is flanked with forsythia and daffodils
 
 
looking back the flowering pears are in full bloom beyond the gate
 
 
with only 2 sections of path left to finish the pavers will be done!
 
 
 
 
 
cecil brunner is rapidly filling in behind the moon
 
 
 
our latest rose garden addition, welded tuteurs by my husband
 
 
standing 8' tall and 2' wide, it is a sturdy structure for our climbing roses
 
 
eventually there will be 6 lining the back fence behind the boxwood hedgeline
 
 
I was yearning for a pop of vertical color with a mass of ground cover roses below
 
 
I was excited to see the daffodils greet the rooster
 
 
taking these pics now have an extra meaning for me...
 
 
what sold me on this house was this darling red barn nestled under that 150 year old oak
 
 
imagine this starting to grow back in late 1800s...
 
 
I cherish the oaks, they represent California to me... with great sadness this will be the last picture I will have of this gorgeous silhouette, tomorrow it is being removed, it died over the winter. last summer 1/2 of the tree died, you can see the large wound on its right side, I think the excessive rains did her in. I would love to have just let her stand so tall and stately, but with high winds I could lose the barn with broken branches, of even worse, complete uprooting would cause even more havoc. I won't be able to watch her go, it pains me just knowing she will be gone by noon. she was a regal beauty and will be sorely missed...
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your tree! The rest of your garden is amazingly beautiful, I can only imagine what it will look like in May, when everything is in full bloom. The pictures of the flowers make my heart happy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your beautiful tree. I hope you can save a piece of it for a plaque or something. Your gardens are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry about your oak...I know you are heartsick. On a brighter note, I'm in awe of all you have accomplished!! You have been busy as a bee...and a work horse too with the planting and pavers. How wonderful that you hubby can weld and assemble those tuteurs for your garden. Maybe mine can learn and take it up as a hobby while he's at home for the foreseeable future. :)

    ReplyDelete

welcome~