.

.

Thursday, November 7, 2019

cinnamon pie

I LOVE cinnamon ...
 
 
 how did I manage to live a lifetime without knowing about cinnamon pie!
 
 
cinnamon screams fall!
 
 
cozy nights
 
 
falling leaves
 
 
the strong desire to want to bake!
 
 
and as much as I love the garden, it was worth it staying in this morning to make this pie!
 
 
 
preheat oven to 350
 
1 c packed brown sugar
1 c cream cheese
2 eggs and one additional egg yolk
1 1/4 heavy cream
1/4 c flour
3.5 T cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
2 t vanilla
1 t salt
 
pie crust
 
 
use a 9" pie pan with your favorite crust
 
mix cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy
add eggs. add remaining items and mix until very smooth.
 
pour into pie pan and bake for 35'. if center is still jiggly, bake another 5'.
 
let cool then refrigerate, serve room temperature for best flavor
 
 
 
delicious with a dusting of snow too~
 
 

1 comment:

  1. How gorgeous is your pie?!! I love cinnamon too, have a generous sprinkle in my coffee every morning. I've never heard of cinnamon pie, will have to try! Aren't you glad you have an oven and electricity again?! ♥

    ReplyDelete

welcome~