.

.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

hell by the sea

oy, its been a rough week, I had to buy 8.1... the learning curve was astounding, who has crashed a new computer, raise your hand? I will skip all the nasty, endless hours, days and nights, trying to make things I own compatible with this new monster, but I will tell you you can't own a pin it button on 8.1, nope not written, part of the new world dominance I refuse to join.

my camera can no longer delete its pics, even after spending 3 hours with sony, unfortunately I wasn't in japan, or even the u.s., I was stuck in india and all I got was thank you very much and zero help. it was so bad that my husband bought me a new camera, due today, thinking surely it will be compatible... I cannot begin to tell the fear and dread I have at the thought of learning a new camera AND discovering it still does not do the same thing on this damn new operating system.

I am so ticked off with change, just because some young computer whipper snappers feel like rewriting history I have lost a good week of my life relearning how to even TURN OFF A COMPUTER. did I mention they did away with the back button too? all the basic commands of just getting around are gone, oy why even discuss it, eventually you will all fall in the rabbit hole as your computers fail and you are forced into the future. I would give my eye teeth to have bought a new computer with 7 last year when my husband wanted to get me one, no I said, I love my computer I am fine I don't need a new one...

with all this whining going on I have not read or done anything fun in a week as I struggled 8 hour shifts day in and day out with this machine, but one thing is a constant, dogs need to be walked no matter whats going on.

Katie has picked up some bad habits after a hiking picnic where we allowed her on the picnic table, I cannot begin to tell you the shock I felt when I walked in the house to find my dog sleeping on the DINING ROOM TABLE!



I picked up some good habits, right at the beach~



saw my very first dolphin on the west coast in my entire life...



some of katies play dates~



Harley is our favorite gal pal~


mercy and grace are deaf, to me they look like snowflakes on the beach...







the beach has been littered with these by the wind sailors~



we had a storm roll in, the sky has been gorgeous, was out walking and without my camera when I missed 2 rainbows on the beach :-(





I so look forward to getting back to my normal beach life of reading and dogs now that I have almost mastered 8.1! all I can say is heaven help you when the change comes...

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about all the tech stress. Love my Mac!

Good luck with the struggle. Hope you can read soon. Just finished The Goldfinch. Mixed feelings about this one, but I'm glad I read it.

Sonia said...

Oh goodness...I'm not that techy so I don't look forward to changes. My sons are a big help when I need techy advice otherwise I would have to call for help. Glad you have things back to normal...and that sweet puppy on the dining room table...oh well!
Have a great week!
Miss Bloomers

cippy said...

Just recently went through the same tech stress...I hate my new computer! (Just sayin' )

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Jain, Get a Mac! Our houses are Apple everything, and as mom to two very tech savvy 20-somethings I hear all the industry insiders' heckling of windows 8! Anyway, my own private h*ll here on the east coast is all picnic stress related. :) Well, maybe not as bad as that, but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I can just imagine what went on in your dining room after you snapped that adorable picture of Katie! Dogs have a way of looking so sweet and innocent, even at moments like that! Linda

Simply Suzannes at Home said...

Dear Jain,
I wanted to come by and say thank you for your kind birthday wishes.
It's been awhile since I've stopped by to leave a comment.
I always enjoy your posts and photography. It's almost like I take a little vacation every time I visit you :0)
I'm sorry to hear about your computer problems. I needed a new laptop about 6 months ago, which meant that I was going to have to adopt the new Windows programs. I can't stand them!! I had my husband download the OLD versions onto my new computer. It's helped me while I continue to get used to the NEW programs. Ugh.
I LOVE the pic of your pup on your dining room table :0)
Your coast photos are so so beautiful. My husband and I drove up the entire coast of CA from San Diego to Oregon about 8 years ago. It was one of the most beautiful drives I've ever made. Seeing your photos reminds me of our trip :0)
Have a wonderful week(end),
Suzanne

Teacup Mosaics said...

OH my, Oh my....I totally understand your frustration!!! My husband got a new computer with windows 8 and every five minutes he would start yelling at it. Finally "shelved" it and only uses his Ipad. I needed a new computer recently and searched for one with windows 7, I found several at costco (hmmmm what does that tell us) Hopefully windows will get the message and "fix" 8 back to a version like 7.
Always a treat to visit your world.
Kelley

Mary said...

I am saying a prayer my laptop holds! I couldn't handle the stress of all of that and learn a new camera too, I barely know how to operate mine other than shooting on auto! Love the innocent Katie face on the table, glad she is having some fun play dates :) I echo Linda's sentiments, overwhelmed with picnicking, it took 3 whole days to do photos and cook for ONE, the weather totally uncooperative. Hope you get your tech life fixed :)

Jacqueline said...

I lost everything when my favorite good pal died and they recovered some but not the "family" file of pictures - the ones I really cared about and my picture journals of my 8 grandchildren - the other thing I really cared about. One good thing was that about a month earlier I was thinking I should print theirs off and put them in binders and I actually did it!
Got a new computer - hated it and returned it (I didn't realize I could do that within 14 days) got a Mac and having a huge learning curve on it even though we have had Macs in the past.
So sorry to hear about all the frustrations!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Chills ran up my arm as I read about your woes. Eliminated the back button? Sheesh. I can't adjust to Chrome and have to use it bx Blogger will barely operate in IE. Hope things improve for you with 8.