.

.

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

a new shady patio at the gardens edge...



 I like to keep track of my garden plants, and in order for my husband to find me, our garden areas are named. This little used area is finally getting some extra care this summer. I originally planted crepe trees along the canal, sadly I can find no record of when and what I planted, the very reason I use my garden chronicles... I will have to wait for my trees to bloom, I think they are red. This area is called halfway to heaven, not because of any overt beauty, but its on the way to stairway to heaven, our pet cemetery. This morning I tucked some plants I grew from cuttings to boost the color value next spring. 

Crepe myrtle trees 11
Pride of Madera 7
Euphorbia 8
Horse chestnut trees 3

With the pool under construction we kept a load of dirt, correction, a load of rock... With so many rocks I decided to make a rock border and attempt to create a level patio under a wonderful old oak tree. 









1 comment:

  1. That looks like the perfect place to relax with a glass of wine. Thank you for sharing. I love the pavers and the wheelbarrow.

    ReplyDelete

welcome~