.

.

Monday, September 30, 2019

wild weather weekend in the garden

fall arrived with a bang and boom this weekend, like I have never seen in my lifetime! I look out over a vast valley, with tornado warnings and fierce hail downpours, I had a scenic view from quasi afar for hours and hours. I have never seen such huge thunderbolts strike the ground, not the thin spiders that dance in the sky, but the HUGE bolts that only zeus and supper heroes thrust. I wont lie, I was terrified if those bolts were heading our way, since we sit on a mountain top, but thankfully we skirted a direct hit. I have never heard thunder rumble for so long either, full minutes, like a wild animal growling just out our door unabated...


between down pours we worked in the rose garden laying our paver pathways. at our age, this will be a very long process, just one of the largest stones weighs 48 pounds, exhausting to old muscles! (what muscles, I have none, this all falls on my husband!) the salesman warned us how big and heavy they were, I think he was trying to be kind to us, perhaps we should have heeded!



















5 comments:

  1. This blows my mind all that you've accomplished in such a short time! How gorgeous it is and will be in years to come. Your stone walkway looks like it needed a crew of 4 big strong men to put it in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking and gorgeous, Jain. You and Scott are a great team--the gate, the stone path, the blossoms, the pups. In addition to the beauty, your rose garden radiates peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, I miss your blog!

      Delete
    2. I miss you and Mary like crazy. I created three new butterfly gardens this summer. Whee, I spent each day covered in dirt and filled with joy. Your rose garden is so beautiful. I ordered (and planted) a few heirloom roses, and I fear for them--winter is grim in TN. I piled mulch and leaves around them. Oddly, the Home Depot roses grew like Jack's beanstalk. The irony. I can't wait until spring. ((Hugs))

      Delete
    3. Love hearing from you, link me to any garden pics, I wish you were still blogging to hear and see it all! Aren't roses hardy? She asks with a quivering voice, it snowed here last year, I thought they could handle it all 😱

      Delete

welcome~