.

.

Friday, January 31, 2014

toad in a hole~

oh this was a fun recipe! this is why i love the novel bakers, it forces me out of my comfort zone, to try new things and really bring a book, or in this case, an honest to goodness cookbook, to life! i loved my week trying new recipes, but this one thrilled me to no end, it was like a volcano straight out my oven, i was mesmerised by the swirling steam. ok, to be honest, i was afraid to even try and eat it!















the salad which she paired with this could not be a greater contradiction, the toad is warm and savory, the salad tart and crisp, it was a bit too shocking for me. if per chance you try your own toad in the hole, next time i will slice my onion into intact quarters, i love roasted onions but mine was not fully cooked all the way through.













thanks for joining the novel bakers this week as we shared home made winter. i still have a couple more recipes to share thru sunday, i like to immerse myself in 7 full days of playing with new recipes~



...a quiet life...
home is where the boat is
rattlebridge farm

follow us all this week on pinterest~